Wednesday, April 04, 2018

 

A Bit Of Travel

By: Donovan Baldwin

Traveled a bit recently. Nothing big, just a trip from Texas to Kentucky and back (about 1,000 miles each way).

Family thing I've mentioned elsewhere.

However, it brought back memories of other places I've been, things I've done (some I shouldn't have), and people I've met on my travels. Some memories were funny, some were sad, some scary...other stories?

Maybe sometime I'll tell them.

I have been through 46 of the 50 states in the U.S.

I lived in one "foreign" country for six years.

I speak three "foreign" languages (If you count Latin.).

I have traveled in six "foreign" countries.

I have read about travel and people and customs in innumerable other parts of the world that I have not yet visited.

I've reached one inescapable conclusion.

Once you get past the pseudo-barriers of customs, and language, of a person or group of people, human beings are the same, whether they are in the U.S. state of Pennsylvania, or the Philippines; Alabama, or Albania; New Hebrides, or New Jersey.

People around the world desire health and happiness for themselves and their loved ones, and, while there are always "bad apples" everywhere, people, no matter their land or language, will go out of their way to help a stranger in need.

Just so you know, I think you're one of those people.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?