Thursday, November 23, 2017

 

Sharing A Picture Of Me

By: Donovan Baldwin

When we meet people on social media, it can be difficult to actually, and honestly, know and understand them.

The few words and thoughts that show up here, and other places online, are not only few, but chosen.

That's why, sometimes, I like to reference things I have done or experienced.

That gives a more complete picture of "me" to you. Sure, like many of us, I like to talk about myself, but, I enjoy sharing who I am with all of you readers...well, most, anyway.

That's also why I sometimes write about playing with the dog, having a cold, hanging curtains, or having a flat tire.

I have noticed that many of my readers often add little snippets of "you".

Not just your thoughts or responses, but, something you have done or experienced yourself. I like that. Makes my online "contact" more of a person.

An added note is that I am retired, not hiring for anything, so, many people eventually figure out that they can be themselves with me and not have to put on some professional veneer.

Of course, since my timeline or feed, on many social media sites, is pretty much accessible by anybody who wants to look, I would suggest keeping the really weird stuff private.

C'mon. Fess up. You've got a little "weird" in ya. Wouldn't be reading my stuff if you didn't...and still have to walk the dog, hang curtains, wash the car, etc.

"Normal" stuff.

Keeps us real.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?