Saturday, November 04, 2017

 

I Don't Mind Being Me

By: Donovan Baldwin

Unlike some, I don't mind limitations, at least not always or greatly.

I am older now (obviously), but, in my younger, wilder, days a belief in my physical and mental abilities, and infallibility, led me into some strange and dangerous places. Again, both physically and mentally.

Honestly, sometimes I think I'm lucky to be alive...and sane, assuming that I am sane.

Still, I don't mind being me, and I became "me" by living through those experiences...some of which were trials by fire.

Hmmm. Trial by fire. First wife comes to mind.

Anyway, limitations DO serve a purpose.

Knowing we cannot flap our arms and fly keeps us from jumping off of high places. On the other hand, while actual limitations, such as oxygen and altitude DO exist and should be heeded in our plans, many limitations are just in our heads.

We worry about what people will think if we do some odd thing we want to do, say something that's on our minds, or even encourage someone else to try a new path or adventure.

Not saying we should ignore that little voice whispering (or screaming) "Don't do it, you idiot!", but, it should be looked over carefully for the source.

Is it just fear of looking foolish or failing miserably, or a fear of taking a shot at the unknown?

Look out for steep cliffs, but, try to fly once in a while.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?