Monday, November 06, 2017

 

A Treat For Ruby, The 50-Lb. Puppy

By: Donovan Baldwin

I recently bought a treat for Ruby, our 50 lb. (23 Kg.) puppy.

It was a bone.

I'm a retired soldier and ex-accountant, not an expert on prehistoric flora and fauna, but based on size it either came from a Tyrannosaurus Rex, Mastodon, or other creature from the Mesozoic or Cenozoic Era.

Ruby, for all her size and rough-puppy play, has a tender mouth and is hesitant with new things. Your fingers are safe when giving her treats. She nibbles like a "lay-dee".

When she first put this huge dog bone in her mouth, she kept dropping it because it was so heavy. In fact, she can't even hold her head up when it's in her mouth, but, she loves it.

She's learned to carry it around proudly, but, like a huge cigar, one end in her mouth.

When she wants to play, she runs up to me and "throws" whatever toy is in her mouth at me.

In the case of this bone, "throwing" is a bit overstated, and the act is more the equivalent of "dropping", usually on my toes.

Due to this unfortunate habit of hers, and, the weight of the bone, I've decided that, when making future purchases of toys or treats for Ruby, I'm going to take my shoes off in the store and drop the toys or treats on my toes.

Whatever hurts the least is what she's getting.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?