Sunday, October 22, 2017

 

The Need To Be Yourself

By: Donovan Baldwin

You would think life would be a simple thing, or, at least you hope it will.

You get up, do what you're supposed to do, and then go back to bed.

It's the middle part that gets confusing sometimes.

"What you're supposed to do..."

Seems everybody has a different idea about what that stuff in the middle is.

One person or group wants you to do this, another wants or expects you to do that. To make one group happy you do something, say something, or act one way. To make another group happy, you do or say something else.

That's where life gets confusing and frustrating.

It's easy to say that I want to do something, but, along comes someone else who says, "But, if you do that, then this will happen, and you don't want that, do you?"

And,  you don't, but, you didn't intend that in the first place.

Adam ate an apple just intending to make his wife, Eve, happy, and look what happened.

It would be nice if we could just do what we think is right and enjoy being who we are, but, sometimes it seems as if everybody else wants us to be somebody else and act like somebody else.

Not to be a downer, but, sometimes that's how the day goes.

I have to do what I think is right today, and I know some people are going to be wanting me to change what I do and think. Talking about people who should be letting me be me.

Not you guys, I'm glad to say.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?