Tuesday, October 03, 2017

 

Perking Somebody Up Just Because...

By: Donovan Baldwin

It's amazing how a phone conversation with a loved one can perk you up. Had just such a conversation yesterday.

Doesn't have to be over the phone, of course. Face-to-face, even a letter or postcard, from someone close can really pick up your day.

Obviously, the more intense the relationship, the more love and connection between the people, the more rewarding the message, but, even a thoughtful note from a friend can lift someone's spirits.

Honestly, as much as I write, I'm not too good at this "writing to people" stuff. So, I'm thinking and writing about this to remind myself, as much as anybody else, that, reaching out to touch someone may take an effort, but, if you really care about them, it may be worth the effort.

My mom, who is going to be 100 in December, says that every day she goes to the mailbox, and usually finds a letter from a friend who writes her almost every day. Other than that, however, it's mainly bills and advertisements.

Her son?

Oh, I call once or twice a week.

Really should put a letter or postcard in the mail though. She needs to know somebody's thinking of her between phone calls.

I bet you know somebody who would love to hear from you.

Trust me, a few words, a note, from a loved one can change your whole day, week, maybe even your life.

Just musing in the morning.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?