Friday, October 13, 2017

 

My Words Are Fair Game...

By: Donovan Baldwin

Got slightly "bummed out" earlier this morning reading some responses to a couple of my recent ramblings on a social media site.

Chose "bummed out" as a play on one of the discussions since it dealt with hobos, bums, and tramps.

That choice means I'm reaching the point where I can laugh and joke about it.

Point is, when people go in a negative direction after one of my posts, I feel badly. But, that's part of the deal.

I publish MY thoughts, which are not always going to be everybody else's thoughts. Once I put my thoughts "out there", using the words that make sense to me at the time of writing (i.e. before fully awake, or on a flood of emotion), they are fair game.

Part of what I do when I write is expose myself, at least some of my thoughts, hoping that, while people may be amused, they will also think.

If they think they have other opinions, I welcome that, and respect it.

I usually welcome active discussion, even if it deviates from my original narrative or thoughts...which, sometimes, IS just a story.

However, if I write about having ice cream after having my tonsils out, someone who doesn't like doctors, or ice cream, or tonsils, may say something that I feel is negative.

Well, I'm the one who chose to set up the situation in the first place. I did it because I am who I am. How can I stay mad at them for being who they are?  N

ot everybody likes rainbows and unicorns ALL the time.

Okay, where's the leprechaun with my coffee?

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?