Tuesday, October 10, 2017

 

Expletives Deleted And Not Needed...

By: Donovan Baldwin

In the last few years, it has become permissible to make, validate, or emphasize, one's point by using s**t, and f**k and similar words.

Now, I've been around. I've worked construction, been a truck driver, and a U.S. Army platoon sergeant. Trust me, I know what those words mean. And, yes, true confessions here, I've used those a "few" times in my life, and some YOU may never have heard of.

However, as I have aged, I have come to understand that, in normal conversation and writing, you can usually say a lot more, a lot more effectively, without those words than with.

There was a time that we got along as a society just fine without these being a constant in our lives. In fact, there was a time that someone would have been thrown out of a store, or even, heaven forbid, "gotten in trouble" with people nearby if they had used them in the presence of children.

Over the years, I have actors, comedians, and authors become rich and famous, not for their skill or abilities, but, because of THEIR willingness, to use those words in society.

I saw society change and accept that as NORMAL.

I don't consider myself a prude, social leader or guru. Just sayin' there was a time we didn't need all that.

I will probably hit my thumb with a hammer and use some of those words again.

The hammer won't mind what I call it. 

Follow me on Twitter

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?