Thursday, October 26, 2017

 

Dealing With Things

By: Donovan Baldwin

NOTE: This article was written a few weeks ago. I'm fine now.

Odd how things affect us.

I began dealing with the effects of a cold about two weeks ago. While I have had to do things that needed to be done during that time, I didn't really want to. I felt "sick" and, without even trying, my body and mind decided that was what I was going to be.

My brain, normally active as a squirrel in Fall, actually shut down.

Normally, for me, as I went through my day, I would have dozens of ideas about things I wanted to comment on, discuss, or just cogitate about.

However, during my sick days, my brain seemed only to be able to concentrate on how I felt, and, fuzzily at that, the task at hand.

It didn't used to be that way when I was a young whippersnapper. I could be sick as a dog and still get all kinds of stuff done. The "being sick" was just part of the daily deal back then.

I don't know if it has to do with age, or being retired, and not really having to function in the "real world" on a regular basis.

That's probably part of it.

Well, good news is that the cold is easing up, and, as I was driving around on errands yesterday I thought of dozens of topics of interest.

Of course, I had forgotten all of them long before I got home, but, it's nice to know the brain is working in its normal fashion again.

Comes up with ideas and then loses them.

Frustrating as always, but, it's nice to be back to normal.

Labels: , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?