Monday, September 11, 2017

 

The Dinosaur At The Drive Up Window

By Donovan Baldwin

I admit it. I'm a dinosaur.

To mix metaphors a bit, like Howard the Duck, I'm trapped in a world I never made.

In keeping with something I posted on another site this morning, we all are "stuck here", to some extent. We must learn how to survive, and thrive in the world which was given us.

I tend to live in the 50's, and 60's..

I get in trouble at drive-up windows quite often, because I ask for something simple, such as "an ice cream cone", or, "a hamburger", and then have to answer 20 questions...or more.

I walked into a donut shop the other day and asked for a Kolache, which is, essentially, a "pig in a blanket", a hot dog in a roll or croissant. I stormed out after dueling for several minutes with the guy who could not understand WHICH kolache, out of the nearly 20 available, I REALLY wanted.

Me at the Dairy Queen...

"I want a chocolate ice cream cone, please."

"What KIND of cone?"

"An ice cream cone."

"We have five different cones and umpty-ump flavors."

Or...

"Do you want cheese on that hamburger?"

"No. That would be a cheeseburger. I ordered a hamburger."

Life used to be simpler, but, science, and marketing, has managed to make life more complicated sometimes.

Ask yourself; "Have computers REALLY made my life that much easier...or free of paper?"

C'mon. Tell the truth.

Anyway, it's no wonder teenage kids can't even get a simple fast food order right.

Life's just not that simple any more...even ice cream's complicated.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?