Monday, September 25, 2017

 

Projection As Injection

By Donovan Baldwin

I was just listening to a speech by an expert on non-verbal communication, or, as many of us would say, body language.

Unlike many such presentations I have watched, and articles I have read, in the past, the speaker was looking at a different angle. This was not about how "the other person" is influenced by a person's body language (What I called "projection" in the title.), but, how the person is influenced by his or her own body language (What I'm called "injection".)

The talk I listened to was given in 2017 by an expert with an impressive string of degrees and professional level experience, including scientific studies.

The basic tenet is that how you act can become how you perceive yourself, the "act" eventually becoming reality.

I have been reading self-help and motivational materials since about 1960. This has been a common premise, and promise, which I have met again and again.

It CAN work.

I have used it myself.

What interests me today, is the number of people, perhaps including the speaker/researcher, who seem to believe she is presenting something "new" and perhaps exciting.

Well, it IS exciting.

Every tool we find for survival, self-improvement or excellence should be exciting.

New?

Not so sure.

Still, I guess having facts and figures is important to some.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?