Tuesday, September 12, 2017

 

Meeting Minimum Standards

By Donovan Baldwin

I really hate it when someone doesn't meet minimum expectations.

I'm not talking about tough stuff like a rocket launch, or, when a surgical operation goes awry. Those can be tricky at the best of times...even for the experts.

Nor, am I talking about the fact that things sometimes just go wrong for one reason or another.

But, when a company, or individual, has a simple job to do, does not do it, and then doesn't bother to tell the customer (Yes, me.) that they didn't do it, or why they couldn't, then I have a problem.

I let my RV storage company know last week that I needed my holding tanks flushed, and my travel trailer ready to go at 10:00 AM today.

Drove up...no trailer.

Went inside, and people started rushing back and forth...without giving me any explanation of the delay or confusion.

Long story short, tanks had not been flushed, and, because of renovations being done to their building, they were unable to do it.

Quote, "Totally impossible, Mr. Baldwin."

I complained to the manager, and he had it done in 10 minutes.

Hmmm.

I was not even so much upset that it wasn't ready as I was about the attitude of the guy who was supposed to get it done...

Another quote, "Not my fault. Nobody told me."

Sorry, Scott, yes it WAS your fault. It was your responsibility to make sure it got done, and you didn't. You even sent me a text message days earlier that you would take care of it.

Don't lay it off on someone else. I started looking for another place to store my trailer as soon as you said those words.

Wife got sick in the meantime and we had to come home anyway, but, still, people!!!

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?