Friday, September 22, 2017

 

Life Is Really About The Small Stuff

By: Donovan Baldwin

We worry a lot about big things, but, for most of us, life is really comprised of small stuff.

Big rain storm while driving home last night I'm in Texas, and can see a long way. I was over near Dallas, when I headed west towards Fort Worth. I could see the huge bank of clouds, and I could see the rain in the distance.

It was a big storm, but, it didn't bother me...until I drove into it.

Then, that small area of the storm became my world.

Suddenly, I wasn't concerned about what was happening in the rest of Tarrant county, or in Parker county to the west of me, where the storm was coming from. Tons of water falling in blinding sheets, and other drivers. That was MY world, and my worry.

Meanwhile, in another part of the world, somebody's dying, somebody's being born, somebody's preparing for a hurricane, somebody's sunning themselves on a beach.

MY world is not always THE world.

In fact, I believe THAT world, THE world, is too big for us to deal with or exercise control over always.

Last night in the rain, I had to drive safely to keep myself, and others safe.

"Thank you." to other drivers who did the same, by the way.

Sometimes, that's the best we can do...look out for each other. If you can't fix everything else, do the best you can where you're at.

May not be much but, it helps.

Labels: , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?