Wednesday, September 06, 2017

 

Let's Blame It All On Them

By Donovan Baldwin

In a world in which there is some ubiquitous "they" in charge of stuff getting done, it's easy to blame "them" for whatever happens, or doesn't happen...especially if we don't like what happens...or didn't.

Even more interesting to me is that we forget to remember that "they" also did it when the good stuff happens...or, even harder to deduce, when bad stuff didn't happen.

House didn't catch on fire today?

Maybe that's because there are laws, bothersome and expensive, sometimes, about the materials used in construction.

I am a caregiver. I do most of what gets done around here. Fact of life. When meals are on time, coffee is hot, laundry gets done, it's not noticed. When someone's out of socks because I forgot to pick up the laundry...that gets noticed.

Ask any mom how that works.

I get mad at governments and corporations, just like anybody else, when my desires and wants are not met, or seem to be ignored, or when their actions seem inexcusably intrusive or even destructive, but, I never seem to notice when my plane doesn't crash, or my milk provides the amount of calcium or protein I expect it to...or that rock concert happens on time, just like it was supposed to.

Actually, being an old guy who loves his peace and quiet, I might complain about that last one.

Continue to complain and blame "them". I intend to. But, every once in a while, look around and think about all the good stuff that happens too...like the internet.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?