Friday, September 08, 2017

 

Learning And Sharing Never End

By: Donovan Baldwin

When I was a child, I assumed that someday, LEARNING would be done.

I hated learning stuff, at least the stuff I didn't WANT to learn.

You know how this story ends.

I never stopped learning. I suppose, even at the moment of death, I'll be "learning" what that experience is like. Pity I won't be able to share it in my musings.

These thoughts on learning come to you today, because, yesterday, while on errands, and reading poetry for free in a bookstore (Half Price Books store in Arlington, TX), I was thinking.

It's what I do. I read some pages in a book...learned a little about love. Shared witty repartee with a dear friend, and learned a little about our relationship, and my feelings (all good).

Outside the bookstore, I saw a fountain with galloping horses, and learned, perhaps re-learned, how deep is my enjoyment for art, animals, blue skies, and that same bookstore, which recently has assumed a greater meaning in my life.

As all this happened, I learned, or, perhaps, re-learned, an old lesson.

I have never stopped learning. With even the tiniest things I see, or think about, or experience, I am learning.

At one point, yesterday, I was driving through Arlington, Texas, ticking off the ideas, impressions, and things I was learning, and wanted to share with you lucky people.

Fun.

Life.

Don't stop learning...and sharing.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?