Friday, September 01, 2017

 

Be The Person You Wish To Find

By Donovan Baldwin

Got a little nostalgic last night. Not always a good thing for me in the past, but, recently, I've been getting better at coming to terms with my past.

Some changes in my life, some internal, some external, have pushed me off the path of pity I've been on for some time.

Somebody came along and helped. Not a superhero, just a real good friend.

Sometimes, that's what we need.

Sometimes it's a big shove, sometimes it's gentle nudges. Usually it's from someone who cares. Someone who sees a different "you" than the "you" that YOU see in the mirror, or, in your mind.

Oh, it can take a while to find that person that we need, and, to tell the truth, I'm not sure what kind of bait it takes to attract them and keep them.

Gonna hazard a guess, however.

If you try to be the kind of person you want to find, I think you're a bit more likely to find the kind of person you want to find.

Could be wrong. Have been before, and will be again.

But, you know, "Somewhere out there..." They're there. You've just got to set out the bait so they can know you're looking for them.

Man, I need my coffee this morning. It's the weekend.

Ya'll stay safe, okay?

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?