Sunday, November 20, 2005

 

Where does poetry come from?

Poetry probably comes from a desire to be immortal, or a desire to appease the gods, or a desire to woo a maid, or...some other desire. The trigger of the poetry is not that important. What is important is the desire to produce this song, this emotion, this story, this thing that hides within and craves to be let out.

I have written poetry simply to show someone that creating on demand CAN be done. I have forced myself to MAKE poetry simply so that I could prove I still could or to grease a sticky poetry wheel or cog in my head.

On a couple of these occasions, what came out was, in my opinion, good. However, it usually was not what I WOULD have written had the words flowed, tumbled, or struggled out of me in their usual fashion.

Please take a moment to drop by my site at http://ravensong.4t.com . I apologize for not having a guestbook there. I used to have one, but it got spammed out of existence.

Why do YOU write?

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?