Wednesday, November 23, 2005

 

Thanksgiving

By Donovan Baldwin

It's a little hard, sometimes, to see things to be thankful for.

There's a lot going on in my life that tends to take some of the edge off.

However, I have a home that hasn't been flooded. No suicide bombers are likely to interfere directly with my peace and tranquility. I know where my next meal is coming from and will sleep in a soft bed tonight. I am in excellent health, and, even though I am 60, come from a long line of long-lived people...most of whom also enjoyed excellent health. In fact, a great many of my aunts, uncles, etc., are still alive and doing fairly well. I am not rich, but have a regular income and it will continue for my remaining years.

I am also stuffed with turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce, etc. (we had Thanksgiving one day early because both daughters had to work on Thanksgiving day).

I guess I've got it pretty good after all. For those of you that are wondering, by the way, I will eventually get around to wrting about writing and poetry, and stuff like that.



Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?