Monday, March 18, 2019

 

POEMS BY DONOVAN BALDWIN - MARCH 1, 2019

Let us once more walk the glistening sand,
Waves lapping at out naked feet, as, hand in hand,
With faces unable to lose their constant smiles,
We gaze in awe at the treasure we have found,
As we walk for miles,
In common pride and ecstasy,
For I've found you,
And you've found me.

-----
What would I do without you?
A sadness descends on me,
Even at the thought of such.
It took so long to find you,
So many decades without you,
And now, to be bereft?
I would plod on as before,
The difference that in this new life,
I would know there once was
Such a one as you.

-----
Sounds from my guitar,
Not the sweetest, but,
They are my contribution
To the music of the universe.
Words of my poems,
Not recorded with classics,
But, again, my small offering,
Of the dreams I've dreamed.
The love of my heart,
Not spoken of
In hushed tones,
Yet, real and true.

-----
Into this darker night I walk,
Seeking at least some gleam,
Some flash or glimmer,
In this land of zero light.
Settling for the memory
Of an imagined smile,
The self styled formulation,
Of a touch never felt,
Yet so often dreamed.
And that desire itself,
Lightens my darkness.

-----
Among so many other virtues,
Inspiring my desire and devotion,
You, beautiful person,
Sweet haven,
Sharer of beauty and love,
Offer me escape from
A world where I am not welcome,
Inviting me into.
Your sheltering and
Understanding love.

-----
Darkness is not an evil thing,
It is the cloak in which I wrap myself,
A magic cape allowing me
Free passage into lands
As yet not imagined,
Where in limitless space
I find love also beyond limit,
And am warmed by
Kisses and touches,
Of another in the dark...
And day blooms.

----
Smiling, hands outstretched,
Clad only in gossamer gown,
You walk out of my dreams,
Into my reality,
Stepping lightly,
Aware of and pleased
With my loving scrutiny,
Secure and happy,
To be the woman I see,
And desire with all my heart.

-------
It's cold today, my Love,
Let us take the time,
To share the heat of our desire,
Warming one another,
Upon the floor of heaven,
While touching one another,
With burning love,
Stoking the fiery responses,
That climax in an exciting
Blaze of common glory.

-----
You may not hear from me as often as you should,
Nor hear the words you long, or deserve, to hear,
But, I speak them nonetheless, quietly in my heart, so often
You might be amazed to realize how often you,
So far away, in space and time, are in my thoughts.

-----
I will hold you,
Touch you in ways to bend your heart,
Warming you with gentle strokes of love,
Kisses on neck and throat,
As your head leans back to me,
My lips graze the softness of your ears,
Leaving traces of their touch,
My face in your hair,
My hands in pampering caresses.

-----
Were I knight,
I would be errant,
Aberrant,
Lost in forest world,
Dryads leading me astray,
Following sweet songs,
In armor emerald green,
Upon a tired charger,
Too long from battle,
Not prepared
For such timeless quest.
I would fill my time
With dreams of a lady,
As yet unfound.

------
In the darkness of my heart,
The storm overtakes me,
Swept into a maelstrom of desire,
Yearning for your face,
Your words my salvation,
In the kaleidoscope of
Black and white, lightning,
Revealing brilliant colors,
Your smile, tender,
Gentle hands soothing me,
Healing me forever.

------

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?