Wednesday, January 24, 2018

 

Knowledge Vs. Truth Vs. Wisdom

By: Donovan Baldwin

Not necessarily going to tie those together, just that was the thought that kicked off the following: A day or two ago, in another post on a Social media site, I mentioned a piece of info that most "knowledgeable" people of my day knew (that's 20 - 30 years ago, Bubba).

Well, the person DIDN'T know it and my first twitch was "not in the know".

Then, it hit me.

When it was knowledgeable TO ME, this info WAS INFO, but, this person was either a toddler or an embryo...or, as my father used to say, "a gleam in his mother's eye".

So, how can I hold them intellectually accountable, even for true knowledge, which is not commonly known in THEIR time, and, how can they exercise wisdom with that truth and knowledge, that they simply do not have...and, HAVE NO REASON TO HAVE?

I think that's where we get into trouble in our relationships, with the neighbors and those "idiots" on the other side of the world.

By the way, if you live in China, to you I might be one of those "idiots" on the other side of the world.

So, don't take it personally.

There's an old joke about the word "assume".

"To assume, creates an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me'."

By the way, don't assume I'm talking dirty. That's the animal, not the body part.

See? You might not know what I mean even though I mean what I say.

We're human.

That's fine...I assume.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?