Thursday, April 30, 2020

 

THOUGH SWEET LEDA FLEES, AND OTHER POETRY BY DONOVAN BALDWIN WRITTEN APRIL 1, 2020

By Donovan Baldwin

though sweet leda flees
zeus the swan must have his way...
so the story goes

-----

pink and golden clouds
strolling dawn's art museum...
how i start my day

-----

night melts into day
nature's golds and royal pinks...
palette of the gods

-----

hear your sudden gasp
feel your body quivering...
for both our pleasures

-----

arching of her back
quivering body and limbs...
ululating cries

-----

when something happens
i think i should think of you...
you're already there

-----

no paint or powder,
eyes lips and kisses enough...
natural beauty

-----

playing lovers' songs
nature's rain beats symphonies...
snuggling melodies

-----

hug me with your wind
wash me with your healing rain...
earth be one with me

-----

close my eyes at night
in my mind you come to me...
the time you are real

-----

about to touch you
in night's dreams so exciting...
awaken too soon

-----

i'm in attendance
night's symphonic recital...
music of the stars

-----

Ancient wood joined
Aromatic cedar perhaps,
Made into a chair
Thousands of years ago
By some unknown
Unnamed craftsman.
I've worked that wood,
Know the feel and smell,
Identify with some
Forgotten carpenter than
The so famous Pharaoh
He served...
In that way...
We too are joined.

-----
Original poetry copyright by Donovan Baldwin
Leda E Il Cigno circa 1550 by Bartolomeo Ammannati

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?