Thursday, January 24, 2019

 

SHORT LOVE POEMS BY DONOVAN BALDWIN January 24, 2019

WALKING AS A BALLERINA

Neither mirror nor photographer.
I cannot show you as you appear.
Look into my words,
Read them as they roll,
Unbidden, in loving honesty,
From mind and fingers.
See the woman I see,
And you will stand straight and tall,
Walking proud and beautiful.
On tiptoe as a ballerina.

-----

A RAGGED MAN

I see your words, as
You say,
Or try to say,
That you are broken.
I understand.
I am too.
I've been putting myself back together,
For nearly 30 years.
Not complete.
But, I try to show the parts of me I can,
Ragged edged...
Glued and stitched as they may be.

----=

JUST AROUND THE CORNER

A sudden glimpse,
Of what?
Almost anything,
Suddenly we are almost together.
A touch of something,
Soft fabric perhaps?
A scent...
A perfume?
A flower?
Wafting by momentarily
On a random breeze...
A snippet of a song...
There you are...
Just out of reach,
Just around that corner.

-----

MY WORDS RUN TO YOU

My words see you,
Run to you,
Tripping over themselves,
In their eagerness to
Wrap themselves around you,
Taking the essence of you
Into their being,
So that they will become,
Better, more loving words,
That can embrace the world,
Sharing the love,
The beauty,
That you give them.

-----

I CAN NEVER REALLY LOSE YOU

I can never really lose you.
Not just part of my life.
You are a part of me,
Of who I am.
I make decisions as if you are here,
By my side,
Pointing, laughing,
Changing me, my heart,
With an eyebrow's lift,
A questioning smile,
A reassuring touch,
That I'm on the right path.

-----

IN MY DAILY FANTASY


In my daily fantasy,
You write to me,
Words I put in your heart,
Pledges of love,
Stories of dreams,
Sharing of pleasure,
Adventure,
Life,
And love...
You write so well,
So lovingly,
With the words...
I put in your heart.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?