Saturday, January 12, 2019

 

POEMS: January 10, 2019

By Donovan Baldwin

POET NEVER A DANCER

A poet,
I never thought myself a dancer...
Yet,
That thought evolved,
Watching the swirling beauty,
Listening to the beat of the music,
Played for/by the ultimate performer,
Nature...
And then you came,
As, I wrote for you...
To you...
About you...
I realized...
I was dancing.

-----

FRANCE IN DARKNESS

Small French villages,
Shuttered and dark,
Sleeping as they have for centuries.
My bright eyed buzzing insect
Propels me through a place where,
In dark of night,
Time itself seems to sleep,
Yet, I have no time to tarry,
So, press on, leaving history behind,
To the Calais ferry.

-----

ICONS OF ME

Icons, logo images for me?
Pen and dumbbell.
Pen, pre computer keyboard writing instrument for making marks on paper.
Paper?
Look it up.
Old school poet.
Dumbbell?
Double meaning...
Sweaty guy lifting weights...
Old school exercise pre machines,
And,
Dumbbell...
Allegorical.

-----

THE WAY YOU KISS

I love the way your lips open,
Full, ready to be kissed,
Your tongue slides gently across,
Wetting them in anticipation,
As your heavy lidded eyes gaze into mine,
Your face turned up as
Our mouths meet,
Tongues greet,
We breathe as one,
Lost in the moment of the kiss...

-----

WORDS

Words are great,
Wonderful.
I live through my words...
Yet...
It's the sweat on my face,
The ache in my muscles,
The tiredness after
Workout or walk,
That really reminds me I'm alive...
Thinking, writing, dreaming
Are a lot of my life,
But...
So is movement, work, effort...
Pain.

-----

MR FATHER'S WEEKENDS

Weekends,
My father would play,
Records.
Operas,
Classics,
Sitting in a chair,
Mourning a lost time,
Regretting the absence, of
These old friends.
I too,
Sit, listening to the moon,
Hearing waves upon the shore,
Reaching for your hand,
Regretting your absence,
With all my heart.

-----

NO MATTER WHO I LOVE

It doesn't matter who I kiss or love.
It only matters that I do.
Don't tie me to the conventional,
Because love doesn't understand,
Or recognize,
Restrictions or rules.
Anyone can be THE one,
Right time,
Right place,
Right person,
Love,
Right?

-----

YOU WALK IN

In a quiet moment,
Poetry, soft music, and wine,
Sunset glow through the window.
You...
Walk into the room,
Clad only...
In my pajama top...
Carelessly buttoned...
Quick smile at me...
Across the room,
Straightening something on your way
To the kitchen...
Art...
Beauty...
Love.

-----

I IMAGINED YOU

I imagined you,
Long before you happened.
I wasn't surprised by you,
Just surprised that you were real.
After all, someone so perfect,
For someone as strange as me,
Would have to be imaginary...
But...
You exist.
Now...
If you only knew that I do too...

-----

NEATH THE LOVER'S MOON

Soft music fills the night,
Moonlight fills the room,
Brushing silver on your body,
It's gleaming highlights,
Dark, luminous shadows,
Sweetly glowing mounds
With deeply royal tips,
Begging to be explored,
Claimed for love,
Neath the lovers' moon,
As the music swells
To a climax.


Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?